Blogger Layouts
I am an animal rescuer.
I will save lives. I will lose lives.
I will make wise decisions.I will make mistakes.
I will be surrounded by people who understand what I do and how I feel.
I will be criticized by those who do not understand.
I will rejoice when each homeless huggable finds a new forever family.
I will suffer through days when I cannot get those lost out of my mind.
I am an animal rescuer.

Thursday, May 2, 2013

MAYHEM IN GEORGIA


New shelter director does not allow us to post on behalf of the animals, there are animals but we don't have photos!
NEW RULES AT MURRAY COUNTY ANIMAL SHELTER:
-Georgia rescues only (95% of our previous rescues were out of state)
-Ag licensed transport only (volunteers used to work out volunteer or other transport). Transport arranged before new shelter director came on has already been turned away.
-Staff no longer permitted to share photos of animals (volunteers previously created email blasts, Facebook, and arranged rescue, rescue paperwork, and transport)
-Staff no longer permitted to engage in animal rescue efforts outside of office hours (volunteers and staff used to work hand in hand after hours, when most rescue folks are available, staying up on Thursday nights to arrange for rescue)
-Holdovers no longer permitted (animals used to be held over for transport and rescue, and if there was space)

As a result of these new rules, ANIMALS WILL DIE.

GEORGIA RESCUES, we need your help! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me