Blogger Layouts
I am an animal rescuer.
I will save lives. I will lose lives.
I will make wise decisions.I will make mistakes.
I will be surrounded by people who understand what I do and how I feel.
I will be criticized by those who do not understand.
I will rejoice when each homeless huggable finds a new forever family.
I will suffer through days when I cannot get those lost out of my mind.
I am an animal rescuer.

Friday, December 21, 2012

Holidays at the shelter

Christmas is just a few days away. Money has been spent on gifts and food for friends and family. Some of you have dropped a few dollars in the red kettles and that is wonderful. Don't forget the animals at the shelters. Many of the kill shelters will be killing a lot of animals before Christmas for whatever reason. Have you thought about taking an animal home for the holidays? How about taking old blankets and towels to the shelters. Most shelters would welcome a donation of cat litter or cat/dog food. Garbage bags are needed, paper towels, newspaper are also needed. FOREVER parents are needed, foster parents are needed. 

What can you do? Just about anything. All they want is some love and a home. If you are unable to do that, then maybe go to the shelter and give the animals some love there. An animal that is not afraid will be adopted out so much faster than one that hides in the corner. Case in point, Moe. Moe was dumped in the shelter at age 5. He was scared and would hiss and scratch at you. I brought him home and found out he was just shy! He hid for a few weeks and started coming out slowly. I found out(in the middle of the night) that he was a snuggle baby. Soft fur with a loud rumble! He makes biscuits and will suck on a rag! LOL. Now he stays out with the others and plays a little. He is a rolly polly boy weighing in at 11.8 pounds and so full of love. He is a polite eater. He will wait for his dish. If someone wants his dish he will let them have it!

So anyway, I am rambling. Take a moment today to visit your local shelter and see what you can do. Don't forget the animals. 

May your holidays be purrfectly happy.
Celeste


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me