Blogger Layouts
I am an animal rescuer.
I will save lives. I will lose lives.
I will make wise decisions.I will make mistakes.
I will be surrounded by people who understand what I do and how I feel.
I will be criticized by those who do not understand.
I will rejoice when each homeless huggable finds a new forever family.
I will suffer through days when I cannot get those lost out of my mind.
I am an animal rescuer.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Rescued mama and babies are ready for home!


During the last two months we have saved many mama's and babies from being killed. Now some of these are almost ready for adoption. today I am putting the spotlight of some of these families. Check out the slideshow at the bottom of the page!

First I would like to introduce you to Tabitha. If you remember, we took Tabitha out of the shelter with her two babies on May 10th. the babies were only a week old then. This photo is of her while still at the Murray County Animal Shelter.I could not leave her behind because I knew she and her babies would not survive. Their was a crisis situation at the time, more kitties than cages. The next day was euth day and I was trying to take as many out as many as I could. Tabitha was the next to last family that went into my car. Her black rimmed eyes got to me, pleading for my help. I asked Megan, "Should I take her too?" My car and cages were already full. She said "Yes you should" so we quickly made room for the little family.

When I was taking Tabitha and her two babies to the car, we passed by the old cages that are too small even for a litter box, just outside the puppy room. There I saw three cages with kitties in them. One had a beautiful long-haired orange and white mom with 2 babies. Another had a young tabby giving premature birth. The third had an beautiful long haired orange tabby girl in it.  I opted to take the orange and white mom and babies and thought for sure the other orange tabby would survive the kill list. She did not. The other young tabby did not make it either as she was bleeding out and PTS. I am glad I took the mom and babies but my heart was broken over the other two especially the orange girl as I felt she would surely survive and be rescued.

The orange and white mama had not been registered yet and I named her Blondie. What a sweet girl she is and so loving. She immediately took on nursing all of the orphan kittens I had. Sometimes there are so many kittens on top of her that you can't see her!  On top of that she was sick with allergies and/or URI and I had to take her to the vet three time. for medicine and shots. Thank goodness she is better now. through all that she never stop taking care of those babies. Tabitha pitched with the nursing too after her babies got big enough to leave their container. Now they share the chore of Mama. 

These are two of my mama's with babies and I am sure you will agree, these courageous moms DESERVE a home too!
Contact me for adoption or rescue and share these kitties far and wide!


KITTY PURRS AND HEAD BONKS,


REBECCA

2 comments:

  1. The orange and white mother is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your definition of AN ANIMAL RESCUER was so honest and precise. This is a wonderful, FEELING Blog by a Very Special Someone, with an amazingly Big Heart. I am one of those who surrounds you and understands ... and I am with you, in trying to home these kitties!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts with me