Blogger Layouts
I am an animal rescuer.
I will save lives. I will lose lives.
I will make wise decisions.I will make mistakes.
I will be surrounded by people who understand what I do and how I feel.
I will be criticized by those who do not understand.
I will rejoice when each homeless huggable finds a new forever family.
I will suffer through days when I cannot get those lost out of my mind.
I am an animal rescuer.

Monday, September 28, 2015

This kitten season has been the worst ever!!!

This kitten season has been the worst ever!!! 

This is an example of letters I have been getting, that make me so upset.  I am so glad that I have decided some years ago to send my rescue kitties North.  the overpopulation here has us all stymied.  All local rescues are full, adoption centers, are not getting adopters, and kittens keep coming to animal control.  Even the best animal control cannot sustain this.  The following is an example of a letter I just got from someone in my group...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


Rebecca
 I would like to talk to you ,but I am also sending you this email. I am very concerned and upset.

When I went to the shelter yesterday to get you some photos of Siamese, they mentioned an owner surrender  had just come in for 1 yr olds bonded pair.. the owner had a family emergency and had to move to help her mother,

The cats were put into adoption room, thank God, rather than the isolation room, as they were all fully vetted, and UTD on shots.
So we went to get photos to send to you of these babies.

I was heartbroken to find that this pair were  my own rescue kitties, Sasha and Simon, I rescued not  even a year ago, and took fully vetted to local rescue, the no kill, where this woman adopted.

She told the shelter she contacted the rescue, and they did not take back as they were full…
We had paid for all their vetting and donated, for them to be safe, and under the impression that as a no kill, they would always be taken back safe to be re-homed

.

Now they are in a kill shelter,  with minimal resources,, 

I will contact the rescue on this,,, I am really disturbed and worried for the cats.. the shelter had split this pair to male  and  female side cage, they were so afraid. I told Chris to put together, as they are already fixed and cannot be split. they are in excellent health.. but not if they stay there.

I came home, found the kitten photos and compared, I am sending these to you to see.
the current ones are  in the shelter, together and separate.. also one  as my kittens when i rescued,

do you think anyone of your rescues friends could help move or adopt  these two babies considering the circumstances? Can you tell them the situation to help?  I need to get them out of the shelter, we are all so full everywhere, If I knew they could transport,  and go safely to one of your groups we can trust, then I will find a place for them for now…

I simply cannot leave them there,,, God brought me to the shelter yesterday,, I know to find them again,

I really need help, this is a very odd and upsetting thing to my rescue heart. I am losing faith in the rescue groups, who are not doing the commitment.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
THIS IS ONE OF THE REASONS  WHY I AM CONTINUING TO DO TRANSPORTS..  THERE ARE LOTS OF REASONS FOR MAKING SURE OUR KITTIES GET INTO SAFE HANDS.   WHEN LOCAL RESCUES FAIL YOU.... 

THERE ARE MANY GOOD LOCAL RESCUES, BUT THEY'RE ALL OVERWHELMED THIS YEAR.  I TALKED WITH THE RESCUE, AND TOLD THEM HOW DISAPPOINTED I WAS, AND THEY AGREED TO BOARD THEM.  NEEDLESS TO SAY, WE HAVE GOTTEN THOSE TWO BEAUTIFUL YOUNG CATS OUT OF ANIMAL CONTROL, AND INTO FOSTER CARE. NOW WE NEED A HOME FOR THEM!

REBECCA
Contact
Phone 404-375-6710

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me