Blogger Layouts
I am an animal rescuer.
I will save lives. I will lose lives.
I will make wise decisions.I will make mistakes.
I will be surrounded by people who understand what I do and how I feel.
I will be criticized by those who do not understand.
I will rejoice when each homeless huggable finds a new forever family.
I will suffer through days when I cannot get those lost out of my mind.
I am an animal rescuer.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Letter to Editor of Chatsworth Times

the kitty I just sent you a photo of was tortured by kids in the neighborhood.  They jabbed her eye out and cut of the tip of her tail.  I cannot believe that this keeps happening.  Previously, some kids spray painted some kittens with Halloween paint, and we had hoped that they would make it.  They didn't.

I thought at the time, it was just an isolated incident, and that they were young and did not know they were hurting them.  Now I believe there are little ruffians, that are willingly inflicting pain on the kitties, of which there is an abundance in your county.

Someone has to speak out. This is not acceptable behavior in any community.  What can we do?  Speak to teachers, parents, arrest these kids, make a full out investigation?  I am appalled.  How is it that people who live in a farming community, have so little respect for creatures that God put on this earth, and made us their caretakers?

Can the Churches take a role in this?  This speaks so loudly how little the children and adults value the lives of these innocent creatures.  They did not ask to be born, and if people took a more responsible attitude toward them, they would spay and neuter and stop the slaughter at the shelter.  Instead they turn in animals with the assumption they will be adopted.  This is a fallacy!  Most never make it out alive.  The ones who do not get sick from the dreaded shelter cold, will not be rescued or adopted. 

The people who work in your shelter, face this every day.  How would you like to make the choices of who lives and dies? 

WAKE UP PEOPLE OF MURRAY COUNTY!  ANIMAL CONTROL IS NOT BIRTH CONTROL!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts with me